You’ve heard over and over that you should stay away from fast food, but let’s face it, in today’s busy world, sometimes your choice is skipping a meal or choosing fast food. So that you can learn more about better choices while you’re on the go, we’ve explored menu options at popular fast food restaurants and compared calories, sodium, fat, fiber and breakfast options using the Nutritional Guides on each chain’s website. See if you can guess the right answers.
1. How many CALORIES do you save if you skip supersizing your meal and drink water instead?
2. Which item has the most SODIUM content?
- Bojangles Roasted Chicken Bites
- Burger King 5-piece Buffalo Chicken Strips with Ranch Sauce
- Arby’s Chopped Farmhouse Salad with Roast Turkey and Balsamic Vinaigrette
3. Which Kids’ Meal has the most grams of FAT per serving?
- Bojangles’ Chicken Leg Kid’s Meal (chicken leg, buttermilk biscuit, individual seasoned fries, kid’s drink)
- Burger King’s Kid’s Meal (Cheeseburger, value fries, apple juice, cookie)
- Arby’s Kid’s Meal (Jr. Turkey & Cheese sandwich, kids’ curly fries, Capri Sun)
4. Which Wendy’s fast food menu item has the highest FIBER content on their menu?
- Broccoli & Cheese Baked Potato
- Rich & Meaty Chili (large)
- Apple Pecan Chicken Salad (before dressing)
5. Which is the BETTER breakfast option at McDonald’s?
- Egg McMuffin
- Fruit & Maple Oatmeal (no brown sugar)
- Fruit & Yogurt Parfait
If you’d like to know more about healthier options at your favorite restaurants, visit www.HealthDiningFinder.com. You can learn more about healthy dining options including items for those watching their sodium as well as kid-friendly options approved by KidsLiveWell.
FOR ANSWERS, click HERE: Fast Food Quiz answers